La Mercè is one of the most anticipated dates in Barcelona, it is the patron saint of the city, the Festa Major and is celebrated from 21 to 24 September. The city is transformed during these days in a scenario of fantasy, color, music, tradition and creativity that brings together about two million of people. More than 600 cultural and artistic shows are organized through the streets of the city as plays, dance, concerts, Fireworks... Book your accommodation at Factory Hostels Barcelona and enjoy a unique celebration. Today we tell you some of the activities that will take place during those days:
- Music has a fundamental role in La Mercè and is divided into the BAM Festival that offers more than 60 independent music concerts with first class national and international figures, and on the other hand, Mercè Música offers popular concerts with rhythms of all kinds , pop, reggae, rock, rumba, classical music, flamenco... The concerts will be distributed through different stages and places in the city.
- In addition to music, one more year the Mercè Arts de Carrer (MAC) will be the showcase of street arts such as circus, dance, theater or technology with all kinds of shows in different parts of Barcelona.
- Another of the most important activities is the Festa del Foc with the traditional correfocs along the Via Laietana and its surroundings.
- Another expected event is the La Mercè Cavalcade that closes the festivities on September 24 with dances of giants and big heads. Thousands of citizens and tourists gather around the main streets of Barcelona to enjoy the show.
- The Magic Fountain of Montjuic also hosts another of the most anticipated activities, the fireworks and pyrotechnic show that put the perfect closing to the festivities.
- During these days, many institutions, museums and historic buildings open their doors for free, such as the Monastery of Pedralbes, Picasso Museum, Blau Museum, or the Palace of the Generalitat, among others.
- Each year, La Mercè invite a city with the same cultural and civic values to enjoy these dates. This year, Lisboa will be the guest of honor.
These are just some of the activities that will take place during the La Mercè 2018 festivities. A unique weekend where the city will go out to the street to dance, enjoy and have fun. Are you going to miss it? Book your getaway for that weekend in our accommodation and enjoy a unique date. Celebrate La Mercè with Factory Hostels Barcelona!.