January is a month of changes, of beginnings, of purposes and objectives to be fulfilled in 2018. It is a perfect month to prepare a getaway. The prices are cheaper, there is no agglomeration of tourists and in a city like Barcelona you will not have to suffer the inclemency of the weather. The winter is mild with temperatures that oscillate and that will allow you to enjoy this city any day. Although we have just said goodbye to Christmas, Barcelona does not stop and today from Factory Hostels Barcelona we tell you some cultural and leisure proposals to enjoy the city during this month.
- In January, there are not only sales. If you want to enjoy the most authentic Barcelona, you can not miss the popular festivities of the Tres Tombs in the Sant Antoni district that start on the 17th with a parade of carriages and horses and all kinds of family activities, concerts, gastronomic samples and different traditions.
- We propose a show of lights, voices and ambient noise for this month. It is "BruumRuum!" An innovative project that raises a dialogue between the citizen and the space. The system interacts with the voices and the environmental noise of the street and the show changes shape and color. This activity can be visited at the Museu del Disseny in Barcelona, in a space of 3,300 m² and 550 Leds. Another outstanding event is the one proposed by Gaudí's La Pedrera: "The Origins". It is a unique audiovisual show that takes place at night and where you will visit different spaces of the emblematic building to discover the essence of Gaudí's work.
- At the musical level you have all kinds of options during this month of January. Concerts such as Lady Gaga at the Palau Sant Jordi or for lovers of Spanish music, Vanesa Martín and Pastora Soler also visit the city this month.
- The city hosts on January 13 a new edition of Eat Street, a gastronomic event where you can discover typical breakfast foods in different parts of the world. There will be cooking workshops and all kinds of varied proposals to learn about the typical food of countries such as the Philippines, Israel, Canada or Venezuela.
- If you like cinema, from January 16 you can enjoy the cycle "Free cinema in the library", with independent cinema and free sessions. The first edition of "Reteena" is also held, the Young Audiovisual Festival of Barcelona with all kinds of youth films, practical workshops and master classes.
- We do not forget the Media Maraton of Sitges, an unmissable event for sports lovers and that this year will gather on January 14 to 5,000 participants. You dare?
These are just some of the activities and events that the city of Barcelona hosts in January, but there are undoubtedly many more. The options are multiple and are perfect for any type of audience. There are always alternatives for everyone. Events of leisure, cultural, gastronomic, sporting, musical ... Do you want to organize a visit to the city? Book in our hostel and we will also guide you with all kinds of advice. Come to Factory Hostels Barcelona! You will feel at home in the best hostel in the city.