September is one of the most important months of the city as it hosts two of its most outstanding dates, La Diada and La Mercè. They are days of celebration and tradition for citizens and also for tourists who visit the city. Book your accommodation in Factory Hostels Barcelona and also enjoy a few weeks full of fun, as our neighboring neighborhood, Horta, celebrates its festivities. Today we tell you some of the most important activities of this month:
- The national holiday of Catalonia is celebrated on September 11 with a day of open doors. The most emblematic spaces of the city of Barcelona, such as museums and institutions, will have free admission and all kinds of activities are organized to celebrate this festivity.
- Week of the book in Catalan 2018: Until September 16 you can enjoy this fair that will host more exhibitors than ever and will favor the relationship between booksellers, publishers and readers. There will be proposals and activities for the public, recitals and talks to promote reading in Catalan.
- The neighborhood of Horta celebrates its festivities from September 7 to 16 with all kinds of activities such as parades, dances, outdoor dinners, dances and a charity race in the neighborhood that takes place on Sunday 23.
- New edition of the food market, All Those Food Market from September 15 to 16 for entrepreneurs and artisans in this sector. The public will enjoy innovative gastronomic ideas as well as workshops and other proposals that respect the environment.
- Between 21 and 24 September the traditional festivities of La Mercè, the Patron Saint of Barcelona, are celebrated. It is one of the key dates of the city and hosts all kinds of cultural activities, theater, dance, shows and multiple concerts spread around different parts of the city, such as the Plaça del Raval, the Moll de la Fusta, or l'Avinguda Paral·lel, among many others.
- Discover four great palaces of the Güell family located in La Rambla thanks to the route that takes place on the third Sunday of each month starting on September 16 and until Christmas. The itinerary goes through the Palau Moja, the Palau Fonollar, the house of Joan Güell and the Palau Güell.
- From 26 to 30 September, the Barcelona Gallery Weekend 2018 will take place. It is the fourth edition of a fair for art lovers and offers all kinds of exhibition and artistic proposals.
These are just some of the activities that the city hosts in September, an ideal time to travel to Barcelona. And you, are you going to visit the city this month? Book your accommodation in Factory Hostels Barcelona and enjoy a quality stay at a very affordable price and in one of the most beautiful areas of the city, next to Park Güell.